Monday, September 8, 2014

Miracles and Tender Mercies

Dear Family and Friends, 

I'm sure that you are all dying to know about how my first few days with Sister Batalova went, and to maybe hear some funny stories about maybe a cultural difference or a language misunderstanding... Unfortunately, y'all are going to have to wait because I haven't started to serve with her yet. This week has been absolutely insane and nothing like I had imagined it would be. 
me sister robertson sister hunt and steinacker!
 
And, if I'm being totally honest, most of you don't even know what is going on because I didn't write about it last week. But last week, I had to go to the doctor, where they told me that I had fractured my back again. I (understandably) was really worried about it, but after a confirming MRI, they discovered that nothing was fractured or broken or anything. However, it was inflamed and so they prescribed a week of rest. So this week was absolutely CRAZY as I did exchanges with everyone until finally ending up with Elder and Sister MacLeod (a senior couple) during the day and the neighboring Sister Missionaries by night. It has been super crazy, but I've seen a lot of tender mercies and miracles. I think the biggest is that the MacLeods are seriously angels on earth. They have been taking such good care of me, they are seriously like my grandparents here, and I am so grateful for their service and help for me. I don't know what I would've done without them. 
Resting with Sister hunt and Sister MacLeod
 
In a really awesome tender mercy, the neighboring sisters just happen to include Sister Hunt (hehehe) so I have been staying with them the last few days. I, of course, love being with Sister Hunt and her new companion, Sister Steinacker is the sweetest. They have been taking such good care of me and I'm so grateful for them too! :) 
pretty views
 
Also, Senior couples eat way better than normal missionaries. I have had the best food of my whole mission! :)

But in the sense of real miracles, I have seen those too. I got to Skype yesterday and talk to Julianna! I only got to talk to her for a few minutes but it was so good to see her and to talk to her! She is loving school and got a hair cut thing and is looking so good! Ahh!  I love her so much and I love that I can still see her, even when she is so far away! :)  Also, Oksana has agreed to meet with us again, during her lunch time! It was so good to see her! 

On Monday, I was with Sister Wallace, and we had gone to do my MRI. 
 sister wallace and I

After the MRI, we had an hour before we got the results. We didn't really know what to do with that time, but decided to go look for something to eat. As we were walking, a young girl (Olga) came up to us and introduced herself to us. At first, I thought that she was a girl from Sister Wallace's area, but then we found out that she was a recent convert from Dniproprotrosk that had just been baptized a few weeks earlier. It was her first full day alone in Kyiv, where she had come to study. She was alone, afraid, and sick. She had found and called the elders asking for a blessing, but couldn't find the church. Right when she was about to give up and go back to her dorm, she saw us! We were able to lead her to the church and be with her while the elders gave her a blessing. We exchanged numbers and told her about when church was here. Right when we walked her back to the Metro station, we looked at our watches and noticed that it had been 55 minutes, giving us just enough time to walk back to the hospital and pick up the results. It was really cool to be a part of a miracle to help Olga! 
our district
 
Also, it has been really cool because even though I haven't been in Brovary, Sister Larcabal and Batalova have worked really hard. One of our investigators, Sergey, has been progressing so well!!! He said that he believes that God is answering his prayers. When they asked him to be baptized when he knows that it is true, he said yes! They asked him about a specific date and he said, "yes, if I don't have work!" So I am so excited to work with him when I can go back :) 
Exchanges with Sister Zharkova!
 
I know that God lives and loves us!  He always has a perfect plan for us as He, through our trials and experiences, molds us into what He wants us to become. He knows what He is doing and He knows why these things need to happen. He knows why my back hurts and what I need at this time. And when I see how the trials in the past have blessed my life now, I have no choice but to trust in Him for the future. I'm in His hands and everything will be just how he wants it to be. :) 
We got to see Oksana again right before I left!

Being a missionary is so fun! I miss the typical missionary work and I can't wait to get back to work! I know that this gospel is SO true and I love being here in Ukraine!
I love you all! 
Love, 
Sister Kati Ford 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...