Monday, October 6, 2014

PRESIDENT KLEBINGAT!!!

Dear Family and Friends!

Happy Monday! I am literally in shock that it is already Monday again... especially when I look at this week, or the next 9 days.... 9 days! Is that real?!?! This week is going to go by super fast too. We have a couple exchanges, a 3 zone conference, a million members to say goodbye to, and then the last few days! I'm so glad that I am still here on my mission, enjoying these last few days and these last few special moments! I don't know exactly what is all in store for this week, but I am sure that it will be special :) 

This last week was really good! We had exchanges this week and I was with Sister Grandy! It was super fun, We got to meet with all my favorite people in Voskresensky that I have been with before on exchanges. One funny moment was when we asked an old lady to read a scripture and she pulled out her magnifying glass and read at snail's pace. Sister Grandy and I were dying! :) 

What else this week?? Oh yeah, one of the members in our ward collects wigs...so we had a wig party. I decided that my natural hair is the best ;) We did service for her and got to weed her gardens. All our weeding for a wig party, not a bad deal!! 


Which one do you like the most?!?!? haha :)

We worked a lot with Sergey this week, even taking him with us to a Family Home Evening. He fasted yesterday to know what he should do. I don't think he will be ready for baptism on Saturday, so my next goal is shooting for the 25th of October. Birthday gift maybe?!?? We also focused a lot on Joseph Smith. It was super good and I got the chance to strengthen my testimony of Joseph Smith. I'm so grateful that God and Jesus Christ appeared to him in answer to his prayer and restored the gospel through him. I'm grateful for prophets, from Joseph Smith up to our modern day Prophets and Apostles. I'm grateful that they speak God's words to us! Like at general conference! 
Already saying goodbye to members :( 

Babyshka on exchanges :) 

Speaking of General Conference... 

I think that the highlight of my week was the little bit of conference that we got to watch. We watched the Saturday Afternoon session and all of it was super good! But, my favorite part (of course) was watching PRESIDENT (now Elder) KLEBINGAT SPEAK! oh my, it was so good to hear him and see him! His talk was so good! If you want to know what he taught us in conferences, just watch that talk! The things that he mentioned are all things that I learned from him! Oh, it was so good! We watched it with the elders and we were all just freaking out about how cool it was. That's my mission president everyone!!!! He is the best! :) 
I'm so glad that the rest of the world gets to "meet" President Klebingat and that they get a little chance to see how great he is and learn from him too! That is really what he is like, bold, smart, encouraging, obsessed with exercise and determined to help us become better so that we can be comfortable returning to live with God again! So cool! :) 

I love being a missionary! I love doing this work and having the opportunity to put on my special black nametag everyday, the nametag with both my name and the name of Jesus Christ! I'm grateful to represent Him here in Ukraine and to invite people to come unto Him and accept His Atonement! I'm grateful for the power of the Atonement, not just the power to be cleansed from sin, but also the power and strength to do more than our natural strength! I know that power is real, and have seen it in my life. At times when there is so much physical pain, or emotional trials or anything else, God gives us the strength to keep going! I love my Savior! 

Wish my luck as we explore KYIV and enjoy our last day of adventure here :)
I love all of you :) 
Love, 
Sister Kati Ford 

PS- pancakes with our disctrict... We invited a bunch of other people, but no one else came... sad :( Everyone else was too busy to watch conference and eat pancakes...they missed out!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...