Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Week 6: One transfer already!!!!


(from Kati's mom!  If you leave Kati a comment then I will forward them to her!)


Man!  This week FLEW by!  It's crazy to think that in 3 weeks, I will be in UKRAINE!  WHAT?!?!  That's crazy!  I'm freaking out...a little!  But I am so excited!  I keep thinking maybe I should start packing, but I never do!  One day I will!
 
This week was so good!  It feels so good to be a missionary!  Plus it is SPRINGTIME!  I love Spring!  Everything is so pretty! I just don't want to take any of this for granted.  It is such a blessing to be able to be a missionary and to have this INCREDIBLE opportunity!  So good!
 
So update on the weirdness from last week: Poor Sister Montgomery was in Quarantine for 5 days!  Holy Cow, I feel so bad for her!  She was alone pretty much the whole time.  At one point, she had another roommate.  She told us she was so excited for this new roommate.  Turns out the new sister only spoke Japanese!  I thought that was funny!  She finally made it back though and realized how much we love her!  She is a great addition to our disctrict. BUT the sickness continued... I was sick Wednesday night and Thursday.  It was so sad.  On Wednesday, We were teaching a lesson to some volunteers.  I opened my mouth at one point and was like 80 percent positive that I was going to puke.  I didn't want to puke so I started crying.  Weird, I know!  The poor volunteers had no idea what to do (They were both 24 year old men...awkward!) That's when they made me call the doctor.  Turns out, the Tamiflu that we took made me so sick!  I had to stay in bed all day Thursday!  I slept for 17 hours that day!  Then I felt much better. I saw the doctor a couple times also, and he was very helpful! I also got a blessing from our Elders.  We have great Elders in our district!  We also had an elder take a trip to the ER, turns out he has bronchitis.  But now we are all healthy!  Thank goodness!
 
But now that we are all good, we have been having so much fun!  It is great to be a missionary!
 
Story time: We took a Russian grammar test.  it is the same one that they give to teachers, so it is really hard.  I got a 47 percent, so not horrible...but not good either!  That was something exciting that we did this week!
 
sister Hunt and I with out Katners

I fell in love with beach volleyball this week!  It is so much fun!  We do a 20 minute workout and then we play volleyball!  So fun and we get to be outside!  :) I also started training Sister Hunt and Lee this week.  They wanted someone to encourage them to workout!  On Friday, I couldn't work out but I did train them!  It was so fun! They were so sore the next day!  So awesome...
 
Sunday was so great!  We had sacrament meeting and I bore my testimony in RUSSIAN!  So cool!  Can you believe that next Fast Sunday I will actually be in Ukraine! Holy cow!  Good thing I practiced this month!
We also had some really great meetings!  I learned some techniques about contacting that are really cool!  Our branch president especially focused on contacting in Eastern Europe so that was awesome!!! Then we had a Mission Conference when we had a bunch of speakers from the MTC.  It was super good. 
That night Chad Lewis came and spoke (you know, from the NFL!).  It was a great talk!  You know, if he can learn Chinese, I think I can learn Russian!  He told some great stories and it was like a HUGE pep talk!  I was so pumped up when it ended!  Haha!
 
Also, I finished my first planner!  6 weeks and done!  How awesome!  I started and decorated a new one!  It has a giraffe on it!
 
This week we did a lot of clothes trading.  That is kinda fun!  It's funny how quickly we get tired of our clothes haha!  But that was super fun!
 
Sister Lee's and I switching outfits!!! 

Compliment of the week:  Apparently I type really fast in Russian, which is awesome to hear!  It made me so happy! :)
 
notes from our teachers 

This week, Sister Sink and I taught a lesson to our district in English! We taught about the Book of Mormon.  It was a really good discussion and the Spirit was so strong!  I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God and that it will answer any question that someone has through sincere prayer and reading the Book of Mormon!  I love that book!  It blesses my life so much! I challenge everyone to read from it for 10 minutes everyday this week! I know if you do, your lives will be blessed enormously! I promise that! 
 
These are all my engraved scriptures!  So cute, right :) 

 Below is what I wrote to my branch presidency:
 
 "Wow! This week flew by! It was really good, for the most part! I was sick last Thursday and I was surprised at how hard it was to come back and work all day after just being sick for 1 day. That shows how diligent we must be when we are out in the field, because if I even slack off for just 1 day, it will be super hard to come back. I was also surprised by how much I missed missionary work even though I was really sick and sleeping all day. I didn't want to miss any opportunities to be learning and serving! I love being a missionary and I really love being a healthy missionary!   
This week we had some really amazing lessons. Our investigators are really progressing. It is great to be able to help them and invite them. Sasha is doing really well. We taught him about the Plan of Salvation this week. It was so amazing to teach him that his family that he loves so much can be with him forever! What a blessing that we have. I have really learned a lot about the Plan of Salvation this week and to top it off, we did sealings at the temple today. I don't even think I can express how blessed I feel to know that my family and I can be together FOREVER! What an awesome message to share!
We also began teaching Maria this week. I barely know Maria but I love her. It is the first time that I have taught someone that I feel like I have a lot in common with. I just want to teach her because I know it will make her so happy! I can't wait to teach her again!
We also taught Max again. The lesson was so good. We introduced the Book of Mormon and then we talked a little bit about it. The lesson was good, and then we showed a video of Jeffery R Holland introducing the Book of Mormon. Max loved the video and he was very touched by it. We were able to close with our testimonies and he was very eager to read the book and pray about it, so that was super exciting! It was one of the best lessons we have ever had.
Also, this week my love for the Book of Mormon grew so much. I'm not sure how that it is even possible because I already loved it so much but honestly it did. I just want to tell everyone how great it is, all the time! I know that God answers prayers through it and He does so EVERYTIME I ask! What a blessing! It was a great week!"
 
I'm not really sure what else to say!  Oh!  We get 2 new roommates today!  We have 30 new Russian speakers coming into our zone today, 21 sisters and 9 Elders! CRAZY, I know!
 
Oh yeah!  HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!  Just so everyone knows, I have the BEST mom!  For realz!  To my mom and other women that I look up to, my present to you is to invite each of you to go to LDS.org and watch the "To Every Mother" video.  Seriously, if you are a female and you have talked to me before, go watch it! I wouldn't be here today without the loving influence of the beautiful ladies in my life!  I love that I know you!  Thanks for everything that you do!  I feel your love and prayers and I love and pray for you in return!  I hope you have a great day Sunday! And all this week!
 
I love you all!  Be happy! 
Sister Ford <3
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...