Monday, August 5, 2013

Happy Birthday Sister Leavitt

Dear Family, Friends, Loved Ones, 

This week was EXCITING! Sister Leavitt turned 21 and like most missions around the world, we got the week off. We took a Black Sea Cruise and tanned at the beach most of the week, but also flew to Paris for a dinner. It was so exciting and relaxing! I am so...TOTALLY JOKING! :) But seriously, it was her birthday this week! It was on Saturday! But we celebrated today. We went out to lunch with all the sisters from our zone! We picked a really cute sidewalk cafe.  It was so cute! And the food was SO GOOD! Sister Leavitt and I are also planning on buying some ice cream later today to celebrate also! And maybe doing a little bit of shopping if we have time!

I don't know what this is, she was having computer issues and this is not the 
picture I am sure she meant to send. 

 line at mcdonalds

But the day of her actual birthday was crazy! For some reason, we were so blessed to have 4 lessons! That is so busy! We had 2 lessons with investigators and then one with a potential investigator and then one with a less active! The day was so crazy busy! Our first appointment, we were going to help our investigator clean her floors. So we go to her house (Neonela) and she sits us down, pulls out a piece of paper and says, "Girls, I already cleaned the floors because I have this list of questions. So now we have 2 and a half hours to talk about Spiritual Things". oh my. That's a long time! But we had a really good gospel conversation! But after her, we quickly grabbed a birthday lunch and then headed to our next appointment. Another appointment we had that day was with a less active named Yawna and her daughter Veka. We took a member with us and just talked to them. We invited them to church the next day. After that appointment, we had to hussle to make it home on time. When we were on the bus home, Sister Leavitt had her wallet stolen! So that was a bummer way to end the birthday! But overall it was a really good day! 

So anyways, back to the beginning of this week. This week we had ANOTHER enxchange. I went to Illyschascov with Sister Nielsen! 
 ice cream on exchange

It was a really good exchange! On the bus back to their apartment. I sat next to this old man. We had a really long conversation. It was so funny! He asked me where I was from, why I was there, and then how old I was. When I said 19, he said, "I once read an article about a 19 year old in Africa that married a man that was 106 years old. I'm only 88, so I'm sure it could work". Haha So awkward. When I told him no, he offered his son. Also awkward. When I didn't get off on the same stop as him, he got to the front of the bus, turned around, and in a loud voice says, "Goodbye Katia - in Russian obviously" So funny! (BTW- when someone asks me my name, I almost always say Katia, the Russian version of Kati. So much easier to understand!) So that was a funny moment of the exchange! 
 Even in Ukraine... Will and Kate in the Soviet Times
One of the best parts of the exchange is that we went running down to the beach the next morning. It was beautiful! I wish I could've taken my camera with me because the sun and the water and the sand was beautiful! Sometimes Ukraine is such a pretty place! 
Another great part about the exchange is that I got to see a less active that I met with during one of the other exchages. We talked for awhile and then after, she told me that she didn't want me to leave because she liked talking to me. It was really special to feel like I would be missed! 

 MONEY rent and MSF... not as much as it looks

The other major thing that happened this week was that I was sick. The night after our exchange, I went to bed. Then in the middle of the night, I woke up and was freezing. So I grabbed my winter pajamas and put them on and then got back in bed, but was still like shaking and shivering! And it went on all night, with me not being able to sleep. Finally I pulled out my thermometer, to discover that I had a temp of 102.3! Opa! So I have been recovering from that. It really wiped me out for a day but now I feel so much better! 
my new shirt

Ok...now for the HIGHLIGHTS OF THE WEEK!

The first would be the less actives that I mentioned, Yawna and Beka! They are a highlight because they came to church on Sunday! And the branch was so happy to see them and help them feel included! It was SO happy! 

A major highlight would also be Vlad and Nina, the mother and son that are here with a member. We taught them a couple times this week. They are AWESOME! One time we taught them, we showed them the Lamb of God! they loved the movie and expressed the desire to show it to their friends. So tonight (their last night here) we are going to give them all the movies that we have, so they can watch them and so they can show their friends! I am so excited :) we also gave Vlad his very own Preach My Gospel! It was so cute! We wrote our address and our emails and they promised to write! I hope they do because I will be so sad when they leave! 
The member that Nina and Vlad are here with is named Katia. She sends this message to my parents, "tell them that I love your daughters. Thanks so much for letting them be here. They are doing good work. I love them. Thanks for raising them to be so awesome." She is a sweetheart! She would definietely be someone who I would want my parents to met! :) 

Another highlight would have to be Laressa. She is a lady that loves the priesthood and general conference, but hasn't been baptized yet. We are trying to help her realized that she is ready and worthy to be baptized! So pray for her! She is a super sweet, humble, old lady. It is so much fun to meet with her!

The Colvins also fed us Dinner yesterday for Fast Sunday. It was basically the best meal I have had since coming to Ukraine! Enchiladas! YUM! I miss Mexican food sometimes! :) 

Also there is so much to look forward too! We have ZONE CONFERENCE this Saturday! Also, mail will come (first time this transfer) on WEDNESDAY! I can't wait! :) 

Love you! Write me! Pray for me!
Sister Ford 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...