Monday, August 12, 2013

ZONE CONFERENCE!!!!

Dear Friends and Family!

This week was Zone Conference! It was SO awesome! And not to be too crazy, but we found out that we will be having a MISSION CONFERENCE in a month! Which is awesome because I LOVED zone conference! I'll tell about it in little bit...

But first, this week was good! I am happy and healthy! It is HOT here, but the leaves are falling off the trees, which leads me to believe that at some point it will cool off! Who knows! 
 
ice cream with sister leavitt! Happy birthday!

This week we were crazy busy with exchanges and with zone conference! but It was good! On Tuesday, I was on an exchange with Sister Busch! Remember her??!?!?!? She goes HOME, like AMERICA HOME, in 9 days! Just over a week! I can't believe it! I'm going to miss her. So it was AWESOME to spend a day with her! We taught a couple lessons and we also just got to talk. I've thought a lot this week about how STRANGE it is that the church throws 2 (or 3) random people together, in a random country, for 6 weeks...and expects them to survive! And not only do we survive, but we become like BEST FRIENDS. strange. But REALLY awesome! What a blessing in my life! 

I also went on an exchange this week with Sister Goncharova. It was so fun! We went out searching for one of our less actives...
 mapping out less actives...sister leavitt thought this was "so darling"
 
we ended up walking like 10 miles. I felt kinda bad because she fell asleep during dinner. Poor girl. But that night, we met with Nina and Vlad for the last time.  :( Sad. 
 nina and vlad before they went home! :(
 
Before they left we gave them the pictures that we took. They gave us their address so I hope I can write them! It will be my language study! :) On their last day here, Sister Goncharova and I showed them the Ukraine Temple Video (watch it!- Liza is in my branch!) and we also talked about the Plan of Salvation! There was a really sweet spirit. We talked about how we can feel the spirit on our own by reading the scriptures and praying! It was aweosme! Sister G (Sorry, getting long to type!) and I also started a conversation on a bench with a lady named Oxcana. She was so nice! She was going to come to church yesterday, but had something come up, so we are going to try and meet with her this week! I REALLY hope that I can meet with her again! She really does love me! I called her on Saturday night and she was SO nice and sweet! So that was exciting to talk to her! Pray for her!

Thursday and Friday I was back with Sister Leavitt. But it didn't last too long, because on Saturday, Sister G. finished her mission and went home. She had to leave before the transfer ended because she had "Bookaviel". It is a big youth conference for everyone in Ukraine. It is basically just like EFY and this is only the 2nd year. It is a huge thing for the youth of the church here! They go all year without seeing many members and they look forward to this conference all year! I hear great things about it! But anyway...sister G left, so now Sister Hunt is back and we are trio for the next 2 weeks! It is going to be so good! 
 Also, because sister hunt and I and sister leavitt are back together, I went to suvorskey, where natasha is! Remember her?? She is doing great! A member moved in with her and... wait for it... they are living the mission schedule!!! They study every morning, separate and together. She is reading Preach my Gospel, she has a missionary planner, she is participating in church and it is her desire to help the missionaries every day. She talks to people about the gospel all the time! I am so proud of her :) Isn't that awesome :)
Saturday... ZONE CONFERENCE! I had no idea how much I would look forward to zone conference! basically it is like Christmas! The night before, we were so excited! We were like dancing around and planning what to wear and yeah....it was fun. Then the next morning, we got to go to the church, have interviews with President, see our mail! 
 MAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE IT !
 
(Thanks everyone that wrote me, You are so nice!!!!) , and we even got ENGLISH LIAHONAS! -- so exciting! then we got to study for a little bit, then we had zone conference! 

President Klebingat talked a little bit about the signs of the 2nd coming, then we talked about our goals as missionaries, exact obedience, Russian, memorizing scriptures, our calling, and normal missionary stuff. Then we also got to hear President's conversion/life story. It is crazy! I don't have time to tell you all of it, but seriously it could be made into a movie! It could even be a romance because part of the story involves him selling his car to use ALL his money to fly from Idaho to New York to propose (using a 10 dollar ring) to a girl he had met less then a week ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Which, in case you were wondering, is Sister Klebingat today :) How cute! But basically, I learned that my mission president is like the coolest person in the world and this awesome leader! I am so blessed that he is leading and guiding me here! I know he is called of God!! 

Also, after Zone Conference was great because I got to open my letters and packages! Seriously, thank you so much! Y'all are awesome! I am so blessed! Seriously, the elders kept coming up to me during zone conference and saying, "Sister Ford, Congrats!" And I would be "for what?" and they would say, "the most mail!" and I would smile. :) It was a blessing! ;) 
sister hunt and I in a taxi! 

So I love you all and I am happy to be here serving with all my heart, might, mind, and strength! I love you and I am praying for you! Be happy! Enjoy the last bit of Summer! :) The church is true! I know it is! Do missionary work! ;) 

Sister Ford
 more birthday!

 last lunch pic- ALL THE sisters came

the menu!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...