Monday, September 23, 2013

What a Week!!!

Dear Family and Friends,
Brrr! It is starting to get cold here in Ukraine! I wore tights and a sweater and a jacket and mittens today! It's been kinda rainy too! It is fall now, and I really am loving it!
Us on our street! It's kinda cold :) 

This week was good! One of the highlights of this week was that our branch did an Open House. Although not many people came, I really enjoyed it! THe members put in so much work. They had candy and tea and water and big posters. Many members came to help set up, clean up, and talk to people that came. One of our investigator came and ended up talking with members the whole time! It was awesome. Also, the members went out on the street and invited people to come inside and learn more. They were giving out information and pamplets, it was so cool! :) I love when members do missionary work! Like President Hinkley said, "There is a better way to do missionary work, it is working together with the members!" That is so true!
our smile poster

Another example of the members helping us was during English. We had a member, Ira, come and do the spiritual thought for us. It was so cool! She talked about Family History! The spirit was so strong :)
This week was also took some blankets to a children's hospital. It was really cool. A member came with us and would point out the blankets on the beds that they had donated in the past, and there was a lot of them! It is fun to be able to help do service! Something just as small as a blanket, really makes a huge difference in the lives of those children and for that hospital!
We have an investigator right now, her name is Yevdekeya. She is so sweet. This week we taught her, but instead of teaching her and dumping information on her, we really tried to answer her questions. She was so grateful. I just love her so much! I love how she is willing to read the Book of Mormon everyday and really wants to know the truth of what we are saying. She tells us that she feels happy when she meets with us, which is a huge compliment! We ran into her on the street yesterday and she was SO happy to see us!
Funny Moments from this week:

creepy text messages... hehe 

 * When Sister Nielsen and I were eating dinner one day, we saw an older man that comes to English, on a date!! Haha we didn't want to interrupt! But it was pretty funny!
 
 * I saw a man that I met at English in a different area like 1 time in the park, He remembered me! Sister Nielsen thought that I was crazy when I just started talking to this random man in English!
 * WE FOUND BACON :) and also made crepes. and french toast. Not at the same time though...

we made crepes! Yum :)

Exciting news, I finally worked up the courage to ask the professional violinist in my branch if I could maybe use her violin, she said yes! :) But the down side of that is that this Saturday we get transfer information, and I could leave :( Hopefully not yet, I love Suvorosky!
I love you all! All of you women, watch The Relief Society Broadcast this Saturday! :) Hopefully I will be able to watch it at some point :)
our chicken friend!

ALSO A BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHOUTOUT TO MY FAVORITE ALMOST 13 YEAR OLD BROTHER, TYSON! HAVE A GREAT DAY ON WEDNESDAY! I LOVE YOU!
Also, congrats to my parents, on 4 teenagers at one time! or should I say...good luck! :)
I love you! Have a great week!
Sister Ford

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...