Monday, December 9, 2013

SNOW!!!!!!

Hey Everyone,
GUESS WHAT! Winter just hit in Odessa! It just started snowing! How fun is that? And freezing cold! haha :)! The WIND has been crazy this last week! I bought some leggings to keep my legs warm under my tights. They have yellow purple and black polka dots and reindeer. Maybe I will send a picture next week! I just bought them today so I hope they work out! ;) 
 

 With my fluffy hat! I didn't buy this one... but it was fluffy!
On the bus back from the market! :) 
 
This week was interesting! It was one of those weeks where basically every appointment cancels (13 if you are keeping track!!!) but I am still extremely happy and loving life! I think a big part of it is because people didn't just not show, they had good excuses (sick, work, guests) and we know that life happens and sometimes things get crazy!
Things were also a little crazy for us too! At the last minute, we found out that Sister Lameraux would be in Kyiv! So we had a two day exchange, where I was with Sister McInnes, here in Suvorovsky! It was a party! Sister McInnes is from Arizona and she is awesome!
Also this week, we received TRANSFO for next transfer!!! AND>>>>> I will be in SUVOROVSKY again!!!! I will be here for 8 and a half months (not counting the MTC) That is crazy!!! Over half of my mission will be here in Suvorovsky! Right now I will tie the record of any sister in one area, who knows, maybe I will break the record ;)
I know exactly why I will be here again next transfer. I probably had 3 ladies in the ward tell me that they were praying that I would be here until after Christmas! So they must have a lot of faith :) I'm glad I will be here for Christmas because I LOVE SUVOROVSKY! Something weird about it though is that I will serve here for longer then I went to my BYU ward and almost longer (or longer) then we lived in the Shamrock Farms ward. Much longer also then the Kalamazoo ward! Isn't that crazy??!?! It has been such a blessing to get to serve in this little branch and form these amazing relationships! I love this little part of the world! I will also be with Sister Kelly again! The other sisters are also staying the same, as well as most of the other Sisters in Odessa. There is one change! Sister Lee is coming down to Odessa! I am so excited :) I can't wait to see her! And Sister Hunt will still be here! Yay! Hopefully we can have an awesome MTC reunion! :) 
 
We try really hard to be creative so that we catch people's attention! One thing that we did was tracting with our portable DVD player. When people answer, we ask them if they are interested in a 3 minute video message about Christ.  When showing our video last night, this lady walked up, said, "Are you from that church" and pointed to our church. We said yes and she started yelling about how we are sect and then turned around and RAN away! I think it was supposed to make us mad, but it was just really funny...  One video is the church's collaboration with the piano guys oh come Emanuel video.  I have it on my flashdrive, we show it on the TV at the church, and sometimes take the TV outside and show it on the street. IT's fun!

This week, when we did Service for Vika, we washed her dogs. That was an adventure! I like animals a lot more after serving here. I think I actually want a pet cat or dog now! :)
This week, we did another Pancake night! It was a little crazy! Now that Sister Leavitt went up to Kyiv, I was put in charge by default! It was crazy! But thankfully, it all worked out great! We had a bunch of people there and everyone enjoyed it! The four of us sisters here in Suvorovsky made 250 crepes! It was crazy!
Crepes! 50 of them! :) 
 
And now, it is officially the Christmas season! I LOVE IT! We are going to buy a tree and decorate a little bit! It will be so fun to be with 4 sisters for Christmas! ;) It is such a great time to be a missionary! I love being able to share this message about Christ with the world! He is the reason that we have Christmas and the best thing you could do to thank Christ for all that he does is to help someone else come unto him! This Christmas season, invite someone else to learn about this great gospel! Give the gift of your testimony to someone that you love! :)
Sorry I don't have much to write about this week! But know that I love you all and I am so grateful for all of you! Merry Christmas season! Be happy :)
Love,
Sister Kati Ford

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...