Monday, January 20, 2014

FAMILY! HELLO!

Dear Family and Friends and EVERYONE!
How is everyone doing? How is life in the USA?  How's the weather? Today we are experiencing some nice freezing rain... our power in this internet club keeps going out...maybe because of the ice everywhere! Maybe winter is finally coming??!?! I don't know! :)

And ice trees...can you see the ice :)

This week was great! I love being a missionary! I don't even really know what to say in this email because I just have so much happy missionary energy and my fingers can't type fast enough and my brain can't think of the words to express how truly HAPPY I am! I have never been more blessed! and I am just so grateful for this time and chance I have to serve here! I try to tell these stories every week in a way that conveys my feelings, but I just can't do it justice! Someday, when I return home, I will be able to tell all these stories, and maybe that will convey how I'm feeling better! But for now, email will have to do! :)
I did the puzzle :) yay!

I don't even know what about this week was so good, I just feel so happy and blessed! I'm sitting here typing this letter, just smiling as I type....I'm a weirdo, I know :)

A big blessing in my life right now is Yulia! She is a less-active that we have been helping, with a huge goal in her life to return to the temple. It has been a pleasure for me to be able to teach and talk about the temple, because it is something that I love! I wish I could go to the temple everyday! Or even just once right now! But I've been studying about the temple and covenants and I just love it! For those of you in Arizona, GO TO THE TEMPLE OPEN HOUSE! It is just the most beautiful building (I've seen pictures ;)) and I know that it is a House of the Lord! I can't wait to go there someday when I get home!
But anyways...Yulia and Sister Kelly and I have become really good friends. We are going to go to the art muesum with her today, should be really fun! :)
our whiteboard...during weekly planning. 
Sister Kelly was on the 
phone for 40 minutes so I took a picture.

On Tuesday we met with OLGA! yay! She had been so busy for so long, but finally we got to met with her! She was so good! We taught about the Plan of Salvation and she loved it! She is just so good! It is so fun to teach the plan of Salvation, who wouldn't love the knowledge that death is NOT the end! We were able to testify that families are eternal, that God has a plan for everyone of us and that despite all the challenges in our life, through the Atonement of Jesus Christ, all will be perfect! I love God's plan for us!
We also met with so many members this week! Sister Kelly and I were pretty creative this week and we prepared a musical number for her to sing and me on the violin. Then we took my violin everywhere! We played musical numbers for so many members! It was the greatest thing! I didn't even realize for myself how much music means for people until today when I reaceived an email from someone that told me that she heard about our musical numbers on Facebook! It is such a blessing for me to be able to help people feel the Spirit through song! What a great chance to share the gospel! :) I love the opportunity to be an instrument in the hands of the Lord! :)
I was sick, and the only thing that 
sounded good was a pizza and the 
good elders brought some :) yay!!! :)

This week we planned an FHE to do with Sophia and her parents. We will act out the story of Samuel the Laminate! I CAN"T WAIT! This will be so good :) hehehe.
English was so good this week! I don't even know why! But then on Sunday, we had 4 people from English at church! IT WAS SO AWESOME! :) And one of the people from english, Sergei is scheduled to be baptized this Saturday! I am so excited. Sister Kelly and I are going to be doing a musical number there (of course). Should be really fun! :)
 I went to McDonalds! Thanks grandma L! Also I 
got the calender this week,
 I LOVE IT! So much fun to see all the pictures!

I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY! I wish I could type faster so I could tell you all of every minute of every day, but I don't have time! BUT just know that I love this work, this church is true! Read the Book of Mormon, it is the coolest book ever! ***Especially in Russian*** :)  I love every minute of being a missionary, even the hard times! I'm learning and growing so much!
I love you all! Have a great week!
Love,
Sister Kati Ford :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...