Monday, March 10, 2014

Sorry but...

Hello!
I'm afraid that today you won't get a letter from me, aside from this. Sister Lamoreaux and I just found out about an hour ago that we will be leaving in about 3 hours to go to a conference in Kyiv. So we will be on a train today, in kyiv tomorrow, and back again tomorrow night! Little crazy, but we are excited! It was a little crazy because we had to move around some appointments, but it will be good! But we will email on WEDNESDAY or THURSDAY, so look forward to a great email then! Also, it gives you more time to tell me all about the cruise and send pictures :)
In other news, everything in ukraine is still fine. Our work is good, and we didn't have anything too crazy happen. People are telling us that war is coming, but I think they are just expecting the worst, and I really think they just enjoy scaring the missionaries. But as far as ukraine looking like a war scene and people dying or Russians invading Odessa, still hasn't happened. haha We hear that the news is stretching the stories a LOTTA bit.so yeah... I  guess we will just have to wait and see! :)
 Also, as far as missionaries going home, we are having 3 leaving early (except 2 of them already left). My companion, sister Lamoreaux is the luckiest, she barely missed the cut for leaving my 1 transfer, she is just so grateful that she decided to extend, otherwise she would be gone! Can you imagine, getting a call from the mission president, saying that you are going home the next day?!? Well, it happens! So make the most of every minute and live each day and do the best each day like it is the last, because it could be! :)

Also, we got TRANSFO information this week. Guess what... I'M LEAVING! :( Goodbye Odessa. I'm sad, especially after being here so long, but I'm also excited for new adventures. I still have about 10 more days in Odessa, so I'm looking forward to meeting with ALL the members, eating ALL the odessa bread treats and buying an Я люблю Одессу t shirt! Next Sunday is the District Conference so yesterday was my last sunday in the cute little Suvorovsky branch. I bore my testimony and started crying... of course. But I'm just so grateful for having served in this special little place for so long. It feels like home and the members feel like family! But I'll tell you more about all that when I really email! :)
But I will be transferring the BROVARY! Hello, Kyiv! It is a small city about an hour and a half outside of center Kyiv. From what I hear, it is small, cute and we live right across the street from a huge park. There is also a full sized legit track there, really close to the sisters apartment. (If I can ever run again...haha) The crosswalk symbols are hearts instead of circles, so I think I will just LOVE it :) Also, it is a ward instead of a branch! Should be so fun! I will be serving with Sister Winsor! I don't know anything about her, so it should be fun! She has been there her whole mission and is 2 or 3 or 4 transfers younger then me! I'm excited :)
Anyway, I love you!
Send me more emails!
Love,
Sister Kati Ford
Also, thanks for the package! :)
I'll send pics then :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...