Monday, May 19, 2014

We just met the BEST babuska!

Dear family and friends, 

Happy Monday! Happy Spring! Happy rainstorms every night! Happy soaking wet sister missionaries because we forget umbrellas everyday! Happy missionary life! 

I love you all! I love missionary work and today I am just especially grateful for my opportunity to serve in this mission and to be on a mission! The church is so true! 
Russian Headdresses that we found in the church :) 

This week was great! It was so good! It was a little crazy but good. Life is good! I am happy! And we are seeing a lot of miracles and happy things here in Brovary! I don't even know where to start! 

First off, we just went outside to buy a snack and oh my, it is so pretty! the sun is shining and there are so many white fluffies floating around (I don't actually know what they are) that it looks like it is snowing! I love Ukraine! 
ukraine beauty :)

This week we got transfer and learned that Sister Larcabal and I will be together this transfer! We are really excited and we know that it will be great! :) So a part of this week was packing and unpacking but that was a pretty small part!

This week, we headed up north for an exchange! we were in the cute Chernigov! It was an amazing exchange! Us four sisters together had 6 lessons, found a new investigator and met with a girl that then agreed to be baptized! It was a really fun day! I served with Sister Powell and we had a blast! We even went to this cute Vereniki (dumpling) restaurant and it was really fun! :) 
exchange pics :)

This week, we met with a lot of members to get better acquainted. We had a fun lesson with a family with a few little kids. We taught about how doing the little things strengthens our testimony. We had balloons and we blew them up while we talked about all the little things that we could do. Then we talked about how if you tied the balloon off and didn't add anymore air, it would shrink and not be as big so we need to always be adding more air. :) It was cute and the kids loved it! :) 

We also met with our new branch president and his family! They are the best. Our new branch president is about to get married so we talked about that a little bit. Eventually we got on the topic of their conversion story. It was so cool! Then they feed us Borsch. It was a great meeting! I love members here! They are always so nice and good :) 
 Sister Powell on Exchanges :)

rainbow in the park

Funny story, Sunday morning, we were studying and we got a call. It was President Anton, our branch president. He then asked me to speak in church (Which started in two hours), with the theme of MODESTY. ???? Before he told me that topic, I didn't even know how to say that in Russian!! So originally it was a five minute talk but two minutes before the meeting started, they asked me to speak for 10 minutes. Oh my oh! It actually went really well. Everyone said that it was really good. Haha :) 

Last Monday night, our lesson fell through so we went to look for someone. We had their address but nothing else. So we went and when we got there, they were not home. We had brought some Banana bread to give to our friend, but she wasn't home. As we walked out, we saw these two grandmas. We decided to give our treat to them. As we approached, one said, "Sister Ford, I love the book you gave me". Turns out that I had given the babushka (grandma) a book of Mormon before and she loves it! So we got to talking and before we knew it, we had 4 new babushki friends. They even invited us to live in their house with them. It was so fun! :) I love the babushki here :) 
don't think we are too weird, but some district pictures... 



Yesterday and Today, We have been able to witness an amazing miracle. Yesterday, Brother Roman (Family, you met him, he was the first one you saw), came up and told us that he met this lady and that we could meet with her and him tomorrow. so we agreed for that and today we came and he came and she came and we met Natasha. She is the super cute hip babushka that loves ping-pong, is a professional at the accordion and knows 4 different languages. We taught her about the restoration of our church and a little more about what we believe. It was really awesome. There was a strong Spirit there. At the end of the meeting, she asked to meet again and have more lessons. So we set one up for Thursday. But then, as we played some ping-pong (she plays so well), she asked if we could meet tomorrow too! So we are really excited to meet with her and help her learn more about the church. She told us about how she felt really strongly that she needed to come into our building and that she loves what we are teaching already! she is super fun :) 

Because all of the Donetsk missionaries left, I got to choose if I wanted to come home in September or October. And I chose October, so see you October 15th :) Also, I'm not sure when you will get an email from me next week, because next Monday at 11:45 is when I fly to Latvia to renew my visa! It will be interesting! :) I've had to do a lot of paperwork for that this week, but it has been good :) Hopefully everything will go as planned! :) 
Natasha, our new babushka friend
 
This coming Sunday, is a big day for Ukraine! election day! On Tuesday, as we were walking home, we walked right into a political rally. One of the candidates was speaking in our park. So that was interesting! There was so many people there! Everyone right now has so much Ukrainian Pride. Pray for them this Sunday, that everything will resolve in a peaceful way! 

I love you all! Have a great week! :) 
Love, 
Sister Kati Ford

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...