Monday, November 18, 2013

Hello :)

Dear Family and Friends!

How is everyone doing? Hopefully all is well! I hear the the weather is being difficult, basically all over the world! Luckily, Odessa Ukraine is doing really well! And I am doing really well! I am feeling especially grateful today, perfect timing because Thanksgiving is coming up so soon! Our Zone has been debating for the past day or so what day Thanksgiving is, the 28th or 21st. I said the 28th, which was correct :) But either way, I am filled with a lot of gratitude for how blessed I am!

As far as Thanksgiving goes, our branch is so excited to do a Thanksgiving Dinner after church next Sunday. It will feature a turkey and then Ukrainian food. I was hoping for the opportunity to make an Apple Pie, but apparently they don't want one. I guess I will just make one for myself. :) I tried to tell them that the pies made it more like Thanksgiving than the Turkey, but they didn't listen!

I'm grateful to be serving a mission, and especially for the opportunity to be here in Suvorovsky Ukraine! The Lord blesses me everyday! I'm grateful for the good times, and also for the Hard times. I'm grateful for the chance to learn Russian, even if sometimes I think it is basically impossible. I'm grateful for the People here in Ukraine!


Sorry I don't have very many pictures this week. I just didn't think about it! I'll take more next week! These are some of our district pictures from this transfer! Fun fun! :) I can't see which ones I picked so hopefully I got the good ones :)

I'm grateful for the opportunity to talk with everyone! I'm grateful for the chance to be so outside my comfort zone everyday. I can't believe that I hated talking to people and like talking to workers at stores. I'm grateful for being pushed now, so that I will forever be a friendly, talkative person. (Like my father) :).

I'm grateful for the members here! They are strong and have powerful testimonies! I'm grateful for the branch I work in and the eternal friendships that I am making! I love being able to walk in the branch and be able to hug and greet everyone. I love and am grateful for the simple expressions of love, like a grasp of a hand, or a smile. Yesterday, one of the grandma's in the branch leaned over to me and rested her head on my shoulder, and told me that she was glad I was there. I'm grateful for that!

I'm grateful for our investigators! This last week we met with Olga! It was AMAZING! We met with her and she had questions about the Book of Mormon, because she had read the first half of First Nephi! and She loved it! :) It was so awesome! We also talked about Faith, and asked for her permission to use her computer to show a Mormon Message. She said yes and we showed her one, Called Mountains to Climb (one of my favorites! Please watch it :) http://www.mormonchannel.org/video/mormon-messages?v=2176618422001 After we watch that, she was so in love with the LDS site. We showed her several times how to find all the Mormon Messages and how to watch them. We watched several more with her and she loved them! She said, "Why didn't you show this to me earlier???" It was cute. When we invited her to church she said, "Of course, I will be in Kyiv this weekend but I will for sure next weekend! I am your man." I'm so excited for her progression in the gospel! I'm also grateful for Sophia! She came to church yesterday and we had a small little miracle in which the Primary President asked for help because she has a small baby! We walked into Primay, where Sophia and her brother were coloring! It was perfect because it gave us a chance to draw with them and to get to know them in a really nonthreatening way. We are so excited to meet this week! Sophia is special! :)

I'm grateful for my companion and her happiness! She is a great example to me! I'm grateful for the new sisters that moved in Saturday! Sister Lameraux and McInnes are so much fun and happy! I seriously love them! It is so fun to have other sisters that we spend time with and love! I am so excited to work with them this transfer! I'm also grateful for the other missionaries here and for President Klebingat and His family!

I'm thankful for all of you at home! I love you all and am thankful for your prayers! :) I love being here, even though I do miss all of you at times! I am praying for you and hope all is well :) I'm grateful for my safety and for my testimony of my Savior Jesus Christ! I know He lives and loves everyone of us! He has a plan for us, to help us feel more happiness in our lives! I love him and know that He loves me!

Anyways...that's all for this week, folks! I love you! Hope all is well! Know that Sister Ford is happy and healthy and grateful! Have a FANTASTIC week :)
Love, Sister Kati Ford

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...