Monday, November 25, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Dear Family and Friends!
Happy Thanksgiving this week!!! There is so much to be grateful for this year! I just feel so blessed! We have an American in our branch (She married a man in our branch) and she spoke yesterday in Sacrament Meeting (In English). But she spoke about gratitude and I really enjoyed it. She talked about how when we look for the hand of God in all things, we are able to see things with an Eternal Perspective. It was really what I needed to hear. Sometimes, on a mission, it is so easy to get stuck in the day-to-day actions, and we end up wondering if we will ever finish. It is so important to be grateful because then and only then can we the bigger picture, and have the faith and hope to endure and to continue on. I know last week I talked about what I was grateful for, but I think this week I will just continue that list on :)
- I am grateful for my companion. Sister Kelly is the best! I'm grateful for the chance I have to serve with her! She has taught me so much! I'm grateful for the other missionaries I serve around! This last week we have had another set of sisters live with us (Sister Lameraux and McInnes)! 
I am grateful for them and their positive attitudes! 
It has been a party living together :)

- I am grateful for the branch I am serving in! I love Suvorovsky! I love the members! I love their willingness to help and serve me! I love going to church and singing and worshipping together! I love being able to go to their houses and to teach each other. I love that the members trust me to teach their relatives and friends! I love that they are always really to help me out! I love knowing that I am creating eternal friendships!
- I am grateful for Ukrainian food. This week we had a Thanksgiving Dinner after church. 
 Thanksgiving Dinner! 

 Me with Larissa at Thanksgiving! 
 
The elders make a turkey, and then we had Ukrainian food. Pickled Vegtables, Pancakes, Vereniki (Kindof like dumplings...I think) and Tea and Juice. Very different from America, but really good! :) I am grateful that I like the food here! I love Borsch and I really have yet to find a food that I don't like! Last week for FHE we went to a members house and made Vereniki. 
 Making Vereniki!
 
 The raw vereniki


  More vereniki! :) YUM! :)
 
It is like pasta dough that is rolled out, then filled and folded over and cooked in water. We make it cherry filled and it was SO GOOD! The ones that we had for our Thanksgiving dinner were filled with cabbage, also really good!
- I am grateful for our investigators and the opportunties that we have to teach people. This last week we FINALLY met with Sophia. We had a really good lesson about Jesus Christ. She is a cutie! She fell and broke her arm so she wasn't at church yesterday, sadly. Olga returned from Kyiv and we are meeting this Tuesday! I am so excited! :) We also found a new investigator from English! She wants to know more about why we are here and about our church! We are so excited to meet with her :)
-I am grateful for the old grandmas that we meet! They are so cute! We had one, Elena, who tried to set me up with her son this week. He is 26 and "His heart is free". She also said that she would learn english! Just this random lady off the street. 
 
I love the 2 old grandmas that we meet with every week. I love singing with them and sharing my testimony with them! They have special spirits!
- I am grateful for miracles! This week, we stopped by a Less Active member. We got up to her floor, knocked on the door, and she opened the door and said, "I am so glad that you are here, come in" We got to go in and talk. It was so good! It was especially cool because we went back later that week for a lesson and there was a guard there that wouldn't let us up. Fortunately the less active's mom showed up and knew that we were supposed to go and let us up! It was really nice :)
- I am grateful for my family and friends! I feel so loved by you all! Thanks for your prayers and for your love! It's hard to be away from so many great people during the Holidays, but I know that my work here, now, is so important! I love being here!
Hunger Games! In russian! WEIRD! (actually 
Ukrainian...just kidding about the russian :) )

This week, this Thanksgiving, remember all that you have to be grateful for! Most of all, I am grateful for Jesus Christ, my Savior and Redeemer! I am grateful for this gospel, I am grateful for this church! I am grateful for the Book of Mormon and the Bible. I am grateful that I know that I am a daughter of a Loving Heavenly Father and that he has a plan for me! I am grateful for my forever family! I love this gospel and I love and am grateful for my opportunity to be a missionary! Despite the hard times and the mean people, there is no where else I would rather be! I love it!
Love you all! Enjoy your turkey!
Sister Ford

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...