Monday, February 17, 2014

I'm Free!!!


Dear Family and Friends,
HELLO WORLD! Yes, I'm actually here at the email cafe, typing this email! After lots of discussion, we decided that email would be a good time to see how sitting, standing, and walking feels. And really, it feels not too bad. Just a little bit of pain, and a lota bit of discomfort, but my spiderman floatie is helping me out :)
This week was so interesting! Monday and Tuesday, I was in quite a bit of pain. But then Wednesday I woke up and the pain was almost completely gone! It has been almost all the way better since then. Starting on Friday, I would sit up a little bit or walk around the apartment, and yesterday, we even went on a walk around our building! It has been such a MIRACLE!!! Seriously!

Hopefully it just keeps improving! I am so ready to work and to find and teach and baptize and love and all that! And go to church. (I haven't been in 4 weeks- does that mean I am less active?!?!? hahaha) I am also so excited to go up to Kyiv (although it still stresses me out a little bit) and to go to the leadership meetings and the mission conference! And, oh yeah, Sister Lamoreaux and I will be going to the temple!!!! YAY! I can't wait! :)

I don't know that I have a lot to say this week. I just did a lot of studying!
 lounging around.

 I studied a lot about temples and I think that I want to go to every temple in the world. I don't even know if that is possible but I would love to try! At the very least, all of the temples in the United States :) One day this week we planned out a WHOLE BUNCH of temple trips... hehehe :) I don't know, maybe I could turn the trips into a famous blog of something. Who knows :)
 
С днём Святого Валентина! This week was also Valentine's Day! Yay! So fun! We had a really fun day! Sister Lam made heart-shaped pancakes and strawberry smoothies and that was way fun! We texted and called everyone to wish them Happy Valentine's Day! We made cute little Valentine's Day cards for all the sisters in our zone! It was such a fun, love-filled day! 
 heart shaped pancakes :) 
Cute Valentines that we made! :) 
 
We did another exchange with some sisters! It was so fun! We talked a lot and ate some yummy food and it was just so fun! It's been really interesting  being on bedrest because I get a really good opportunity to ask all the sisters about "how they are doing, emotionally" and then we get to talk about them and their growth as an individual. One of the sisters called it "reverse psychology" because I'm the one laying on the couch/bed and they are on the chair! But I think it is really good to take time and think about the sisters individually and I felt like it really helps them!
 yay for another fun exchange 
and awkward exchange picture :)

Sister Lamoreaux and I have had a really special experience in our apartment. We have spent a lot of time there together, and what could have maybe resulted in feelings of tension, impatience, or contention never did. We both were blessed to see this trial as an opportunity to learn and to grow. As we studied, and studied a lot, our love for the scriptures and for the word of God grew so much. There was always a strong spirit in our apartment, and at times the Spirit was so strong that we couldn't put what we were feeling into words. It made me think of the scripture, "Where 2 or 3 are gathered together in my name...behold, there will I be in the midst of them".(Doctrine and Covenants 6:32). I was so aware of the guidance and promptings of the Spirit and felt so much love for everything and everyone. We had a member walk into our home yesterday, and over and over again she kept mentioning the Spirit and how she had never felt the spirit so strong anywhere else. I know that Sister Lamoreaux and I can take that Spirit and use it to bless the lives of the missionaries, members, and investigators that we are working with! 
Yummy oatmeal cookies! :)
 
Can I just add a little plug for the importance of reading your scriptures and saying your prayers EVERYDAY???? Anything less then that is NOT enough! It is so important to have that habit and to watch your life be blessed from those "little things"! It may be hard, but it is a must if you want to have the Spirit with you and if you want to be really, truly HAPPY! :)
cute old companions and pictures. We gave us each 
a food. Mine is pasta sauce. 
and then it got cute when 
we could see it through the picture! 
 
Yeah, Ira came over last night to see me! It was so fun! She is the cutest! She told me that when she gets her mission call (anytime now...) that she is going to have me read it FIRST! Before she does! I can't believe it. I may be just as nervous as when I opened my call! Wooo! It should be really soon! Oh, I just love Ira! Another member, Isaac made me promise that I would be healed before his call came. So hopefully nothing else happens.... 
Ira and I! Yay!
 
Well...I'm happy and healthier :) I'm going to have A GREAT WEEK this week and I can't wait to tell you all about it next week! 
I LOVE YOU ALL! :) :) :) :) And I'm so happy to be out and about again (At least a little bit)  Have a great week!
Love,
Sister Kati Ford

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...