Monday, June 23, 2014

Goodbye President Klebingat!

Dear Family and Friends, 

How is everyone doing? I'm doing good! Summer is so beautiful here in Kyiv! It hasn't been too hot, for which I am very grateful! But it is beautiful! Everyone is having a lot of success in their garden's so everyone keeps giving us lots and lots of yummy fruit! I love it :) 

This week was really good, but sad! On Saturday, we had a conference with our whole mission to say goodbye to the Klebingats. It was such a great meeting! We talked about a lot of different things, including dating, education, children, the world...basically all of his last advice for us! It was really sad to realize that they won't be our mission president and family anymore, but he also helped us get really excited for the Packers, who fly in on Saturday. 



I'm so grateful for President Klebingat and everything that I have learned from him and his family. He has an amazing testimony and he is such a great example of diligence and hard work. I am so excited that he is a 70 because that means that he will be in Utah every conference and every summer! So yeah, I can't wait for that :) Also I'm super excited to see Katja at BYU! :) 

At our conference we talked a lot about being strong and standing and being an example, especially in an ever changing world. It was so good! It is so important to have the faith to follow the prophet, even if the world doesn't agree with what he says. Especially when the world doesn't agree with what he says. 

The conference was also really great because all of the sisters from our MTC group were there! 

Yay! We got to talk to and see all of them and it was awesome! It is crazy to see how much they have all grown and to see how we are all teaching the gospel and helping so many people come to Christ! wow! 

At the conference, we took one final mission picture, and we all said goodbye. There was a lot of tears as we hugged President and Sister Klebingat and Katja and Daniel and Alex goodbye. We will miss them! 
 I found a hedgehog!
This week, we also had the opportunity to do a lot of service for members in our branch! Service is so much fun and it made me so happy! 

We made Primary posters for the Primary president to help them during singing time! That is some of my favorite service because I get to be so creative. We made a singing time zoo and a clothesline and a flip chart for a song, it was a lot of fun! :) Our Primary president was so relieved and grateful for the help, she almost started crying! I put a dinosaur in my zoo... hehe ;) 

We also went and did service for the Clark family this week! yay! we picked Cherries and berries and it was a lot of fun! I was on exchanges for that day, so I took Sister Welling with me and it was a lot of fun! The Clark's paperwork is getting closer and closer to being done, so I am so excited to see them in America :) yay! :) 
 Ukraine pride

This week our branch president got married! We didn't have time to go to the wedding, but I hear it was cute! But we did help them out a lot! We helped them stuff walnut cookies and we made four cakes and we helped cut some grass and decorate and some things. It reminded me a lot of wedding catering that I did in the past. Sveta (the mom) was so cute and was asking us about what we want for our weddings and such. It was so cool to see a new family start and to see them be sealed in the temple! President Anton's wife, Katja is super cute and nice! At church on Sunday, she gave us bananas. Nice girl!! :) 

We also helped a grandma in our ward do some indexing. 

Wow. Hard work. But she was determined to do it! I'm not sure how much of a help I was because I don't read old Russian, but I think I helped a little bit... I hope so anyways :) 
 Fun picture from the baptism yesterday!

I love serving and helping others! It is so true that "when you are in the service of your fellow beings, you are only in the service of your God" (Mosiah 2:17) And on top of that, I think it is impossible to be sad when you are serving someone else :) So if you ever are having a bad day, just find someone else to serve and I know your day will get better :) 

I love you all! Enjoy the summer! Go swimming and enjoy the outdoors! 
Love, 
Sister Kati Ford

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...