Saturday, March 2, 2013

Great Memories: Sisters in Salt Lake

So... a few weeks after I received my call, I had this opportunity to meet up with (soon-to-be) sister missionaries that would be serving all over the world.  



How did this happen?  Well...I was a member of a future sister missionary Facebook page and they arranged a date to meet at the Salt Lake temple and sing and talk. It worked out perfectly for my roommate Laekynn and I to head down there!  




We drove down there and it was SNOWING!  So much snow. But for some reason, the snow made the day more magical.  








Originally, only Laekynn and I were going to be going, but my Grandma and Grandpa Lindsey decided to come with us, so I have them to thank for all the great pictures! 



This was such a great experience for me.  It was wonderful to meet sisters that were going to serve all over the world.  I even met a Sister going to MY MISSION!! (Ukraine)!!!!  <----This is a pretty sweet story, due to traffic and other things, Laekynn and I arrived after my grandparents.  When we got there, my grandparents had already met Bryn and her mom.  It was so awesome to met her!  I felt so blessed to meet someone that is going to my mission! 



The other great opportunity I had was that I was interviewed by the news.  Originally, the news interviewed tons of girls so I didn't think I would make the cut. But then we were watching the 9 o'clock news, and there I was!  It was so much fun! (News store here - I'm quoted!) 




Also, someone created this wonderful sister missionary video from that day.  Look for me! 



This was such a happy day for me :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...